Student Services Officer
Kiron Open Higher Education is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions. Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out-of-the-box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, innovators and dreamers, who work together on this mission every day.
- Managing of different aspects of Kiron’s online and offline student support services such as students communication, information and welcome sessions, different events.
- Increasing student activity, course completion and success by scaling up both the online and offline services and by trusting relationship with the student body with an emphasis on clear and open lines of communication.
- Communicating with third parties, such as international and local NGOs for student outreach and recruitment purposes, and for additional educational opportunities.
- Coordinating with the other PADILEIA partners, notably regarding the PADILEIA Study hub.
- Optimisation of Kiron’s student services by monitoring and evaluation of our program as well as developing and testing new features according to student needs.
- You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience ideally in working with refugees or disadvantaged communities.
- You gained work experience in setting up, managing and scaling support programs for underprivileged students and/or you have ideally worked in student counselling.
- You have strong communication skills and ideally experience in reaching out to our target group and are fluent in both Arabic and English, written and spoken (C1 according to CEFRL). Fluency in French is a plus.
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education
- You are a digital native, self-starter, adaptive & resilient and have an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! We are looking forward to your application via e-mail to [email protected] with the subject “SSO-pad-Lebanon + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 16th December, 2020.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.