Student Assistant Operations
Kiron Open Higher Education is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions. Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out-of-the-box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, innovators and dreamers, who work together on this mission every day.
Kiron has been a great opportunity for me. I learned a lot about social organizations and their challenges.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- You support our Operations Team in areas of People, Project Management and Finance with administrative and organisational tasks (e.g. data entry, document drafting, filing)
- You have an active role in coordination of our coworking space including handling office supplies and equipment
- You are responsible for receiving, sorting and distributing incoming mail and processing outgoing mail
- You play an active role in keeping our Knowledge Management up to date
- You support the team in the organisation of internal events
What you need to make an impact:
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to higher education for refugees and disadvantaged communities worldwide
- You are enrolled as a student, ideally pursuing a degree with a focus in Business
- You have excellent English written and oral skills, and ideally you have B1 level in German
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, proactive and have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- You are detail-oriented and have the ability to juggle diverse tasks without losing sight of the bigger picture
- You are highly proactive with the ability to prioritise and multitask
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
- A comprehensive insight into the operations of a social startup
- Flexible working hours and a generous remote working policy
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! Send your application to [email protected] with the subject “Ops + your name” until the 31st of May 2021.
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract applicants who have been personally affected by structural discrimination.
We also welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can do our best to facilitate any financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.