Student Assistant EdTech
Kiron Open Higher Education is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions. Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out-of-the-box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, innovators and dreamers, who work together on this mission every day.
I always get inspired by our students’ determination, perseverance and love to learn. That’s why we are more than ever keen on giving them the best of our work.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- You are a vital part of the education team of Kiron
- We work on consulting partners on their online education needs, curating and creating course content for online courses, and strategizing the overall organization-wide vision when it comes to education
- You assist the team in project management (creating timelines and checking milestones, copywriting), course creation (e.g. research, storyboarding, implementation), and online learning consultation (e.g. preparing documents and workshops)
What you need to make an impact:
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to higher education for refugees and disadvantaged communities worldwide
- You are able to proofread, layout, prepare workshops and consultancy services for online learning needs of our partners and clients
- You are officially enrolled at a university and you are fluent in both German and English (written and spoken)
- You have a design mindset and like to work on structuring the team’s work (presentations, partner documents)
- You are a self-starter, organized, and have a hands-on approach to your work
- Quick learner, like to master new topics
- You enjoy a friendly and appreciative team environment
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- The chance to work independently in a friendly, dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team of an innovative social startup
- A “feel” for the practical side of topics like educational content creation & didactic design, partner/client collaboration, agile working methods
- Flexible working hours, 30 vacation days & a generous remote working policy
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! Send your application to [email protected] with the subject “SHK EDspace + your name” until the 30th of April 2021.
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract applicants who have been personally affected by structural discrimination.
We also welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can do our best to facilitate any financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.