Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) (all genders)
Since 2015, Kiron, an education technology non-profit, has been devoted to providing accessible education to refugees and underserved communities worldwide. Through Kiron Campus, its online learning platform, and other educational programs, Kiron empowers individuals who have experienced forceful displacement with transformative skills for the future of work, thus strengthening society. As a pioneering leader in the education sector, Kiron also offers sustainable solutions for other organisations through its social business. Kiron operates offices in Germany and Jordan, ensuring our reach and impact extend to diverse regions. For more information, visit www.kiron.ngo
About the Role
Kiron thrives at developing and maintaining a state-of-the-art web application, the Kiron Campus, which is vital to our innovative social business model. Kiron Campus offers a free and valuable digital learning hub to refugees and underserved communities, as well as to learners and teachers from around the globe. We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack) (all genders) to join our team and make an impact with us in creating and developing the technology behind our digital product.
As a senior software engineer (all gender), you will be taking on a crucial role in our tech team working with other developers, our product designer, product owner, and scrum master, contributing to the team’ success and growth. You will also play an essential role in fostering a high-performing and cohesive team, contributing to the delivery of high-quality software that fulfils both user and business goals.
How you can contribute to our mission
- Empower through Tech: Enhance our progressive web app, making Kiron Campus a go-to digital learning hub.
- Collaborate & Innovate: Engage and collaborate in agile events, fostering user-centric product discovery and development.
- Adaptive Thinking: Ensure our tech stack is flexible and aligned with our mission's needs.
- Prioritize Quality: Commit to delivering impactful and robust software that’s both robust and user-friendly for our beneficiaries.
- Lead & Grow: Mentor peers, champion our mission through technology, and nurture team growth.
What you need to make an impact
- Passionate about our mission to democratise access to education for refugees and disadvantaged communities worldwide.
- Proven experience (5+ years)as a Full Stack Software Engineer, having worked with a variety of technology.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities, with a results-oriented mindset.
- A motivated individual who values continuous learningand enjoys mentoring others.
- An excellent communicator who navigates successfully through different stakeholder requirements and unifies them in tech solutions.
- Process and delivery-oriented with a keen eye for detail and a focus on continuous optimisation.
- Excellent proficiency in the English language.
- A hands-on, proactive and resilient person who can manage their own time and duties, maintain an overview of multiple job streams, and adapt to changing priorities.
What make you stand out
- A solid foundation in computer science beyond coding.
- Hands-on experience with building software Architecture and Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities as well as the ability to collaborate in a team environment.
Our Perks-More than just a job
- The opportunity to design the vision of Kiron through your own creative thinking and ambition.
- Flexible working hours with the option to work remotely, from home, or at our Impact Hub office in the heart of Neukolln.
- We provide learning and professional development opportunities by offering 5 days of educational leave per year and a personal development budget.
- 30 days of vacation.
- We have complete trust and unwavering support in you. Embrace the opportunity to take ownership of your work and confidently bring your ideas to life, from their conception to successful execution.
- A vibrant and diverse environment, with offices located in Germany and Jordan.
Are you ready to join our mission? Then please submit your application via this link
You can expect at least two rounds of interviews and, in some cases, to complete a task. We will inform you about the process in our first interview. We will inform all applicants of the outcome of their application.
If you have any inquiries regarding the position, please contact [email protected].
Kiron Open Higher Education is committed to empowerment and inclusion and continuously works to create a diverse, safe and inclusive environment. We welcome applications from all people - regardless of cultural and social background, gender, age, religion, worldview or sexual orientation.