Senior Project Manager
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
Kiron as an employer offers such great flexibility, support and trust in its employees. I'm truly happy to have joined this family.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- You are accountable for the management of the project “The Digital Campus: a portal of networked platform services” funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research and responsible for the successful management of the project team.
- You are responsible for the planning and execution of the project work plan, as well as the management of the platform development in corporation with the project partners and Kiron’s Tech team.
- You provide expert knowledge and expertise to stakeholders especially in the field of higher education, open educational resources and the european higher education landscape.
- You prepare work meetings with partners and represent Kiron within these work meetings.
- You are responsible in documenting project progress: this entails project reports as requested by funders as well as presentations to an external audience to make progress visible.
What you need to make an impact:
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to education for refugees and underserved communities worldwide.
- You are comfortable with building new things in an agile, iterative manner and monitor business impact.
- You have a high degree of technological understanding of modern web technologies.
- You have 5+ of professional experience including project management work, international project management experience, with international partners, NGOs and in international contexts.
- You have a proven track record of successful project management and partner collaboration.
- You have practical experience with project management methodologies and workflow optimization.
- Excellent communication skills as a liaison between various departments, customers, and partners.
- You have excellent German and English spoken and written skills.
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- The chance to work independently in a dynamic, international, and entrepreneurial team of an innovative and fast-paced social startup.
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
- The opportunity to learn, experiment and grow through Kiron’s Innovation Days and our open feedback culture.
- Health promotion: contribution to an Urban Sports Club membership, plus regular focus on mental health and mindfulness.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! Send your application via email with the subject “SPM + your name” until the 12th of September 2021 to [email protected]
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from BIPOC and other minority groups.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can provide financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.
Kiron is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our community of students, staff members and partners, ensuring that our projects and activities are delivered in a way which keeps everyone safe. Background and reference checks might be required.