(Senior) People & Culture Lead
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
Kiron as an employer offers such great flexibility, support and trust in its employees. I'm truly happy to have joined this family.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- Overall responsibility for the operational and strategic management of the People Team
- Manage and iterate on key People Team cycles and processes including OKR setting, personnel planning and risk management
- Be the first point of contact for employee queries, while working closely with the Works Council.
- Lead on development and implementation of People, Culture and organisational development initiatives in close collaboration with the COO and CEO
- Responsible for recruitment and managing the corresponding application processes
- Responsible for the monthly payroll and controlling in collaboration with Finance/Controlling
- Manage labour law issues and procedures, including direct contact person for our lawyer
- Support our Country Office Leads (Lebanon & Jordan) with People & Culture
- Be an ambassador of our culture: driving, supporting, and initiating activities and strategies related to office management, mental health, sustainability, & diversity & inclusion
- Oversee and iterate on processes surrounding the employee lifecycle
What you need to make an impact:
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to education for refugees and disadvantaged communities worldwide
- 4-7 years experience in a people role, preferably within a startup or NGO environment
- Strong decision-making skills with ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of German labour law
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in German C1 and English (our working language is English)
- Natural ability to build and maintain relationships whilst dealing with sensitive information
- Motivation to build and strengthen an organisation’s workforce and culture through an Agile mindset and with strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Good knowledge of MS Office, G Suite, Personio (or affinity for HR software in general)
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- The chance to work independently in a dynamic, international, and entrepreneurial team of an innovative and fast-paced social startup
- A competitive salary within the social sector
- Flexible working hours, 30 vacation days & a generous remote work policy from anywhere in the world
- Health promotion: contribution to an Urban Sports Club membership, plus regular focus on mental health and mindfulness
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! Send your application via email with the subject “PCL+ Name”. Include your cover letter, CV in English in a single PDF file until the 8th of August, 2021 to Rohit Kakar: [email protected]
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from BIPOC and other minority groups.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can provide financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.