Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
Kiron as an employer offers such great flexibility, support and trust in its employees. I'm truly happy to have joined this family.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- Work with project teams to develop concept notes, proposals, budgets and pitch materials as well as project reports
- Manage the fundraising cycle from identification and cultivation to solicitation and stewardship for organizational supporters (trusts and foundations, corporates, multilateral organizations, government organizations) and individual donors
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies as well as fundraising plans for project-specific and unrestricted income
- Help us further develop our pipeline and workflow management with Salesforce
What you need to make an impact:
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to education for refugees and underserved communities worldwide.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing effective fundraising initiatives, as well as demonstrable experience with strategic fundraising.
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client and donor relationships, cross-cultural sensitivity and strong networking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and English, with the ability to express and communicate complex ideas and issues clearly and coherently (the same in Arabic is a significant plus).
- You have 5+ years experience in th fundraising / nonprofit sector.
- You are a self-starter and team player who is accustomed to working independently and in small teams. You also possess excellent leadership abilities.
- Highly self-motivated and capable of working autonomously, taking initiative and making decisions, as well as managing your own workflow and working towards tight deadlines
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- The opportunity to support our Fundraising team and to use your creative input to introduce new ideas focussing on fundraising needs
- The chance to develop your skills at Kiron and proactively support the mission and vision
- A competitive salary within the social sector
- Health promotion: contribution to an Urban Sports Club membership, plus regular focus on mental health and mindfulness.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! Send your application via email with the subject “SF + your name” until the 30th of November 2021 to [email protected]
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from BIPOC and other minority groups.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can provide financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.
Kiron is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our community of students, staff members and partners, ensuring that our projects and activities are delivered in a way which keeps everyone safe. Background and reference checks might be required.