Salesforce Administrator (all genders)
Since 2015, Kiron, an education technology non-profit, has been devoted to providing accessible education to refugees and underserved communities worldwide. Through Kiron Campus, its online learning platform, and other educational programs, Kiron empowers individuals who have experienced forceful displacement with transformative skills for the future of work, thus strengthening society. As a pioneering leader in the education sector, Kiron also offers sustainable solutions for other organisations through its social business. Kiron operates offices in Germany and Jordan, ensuring our reach and impact extend to diverse regions. For more information, visit www.kiron.ngo
As part of our continuous efforts to optimise our business operations and customer-centric strategy, we have effectively implemented Salesforce to streamline our operations. Salesforce is central to our data-driven decision-making processes and plays a crucial role in delivering exceptional client/customer experiences. In order to achieve our goal, we are looking for an experienced and dedicated Salesforce Administration to join our team, who will play a critical role in maintaining and optimizing our Salesforce instance to meet our organisation goals.
As our Salesforce (SF) Administrator (all genders)
You will be responsible for the daily configuration, support, maintenance and enhancement of Kiron’s Salesforce. You will also collaborate with different teams to collect and identify our needs, modify our Salesforce to align with our organisation's demands and maintain the platform's functionality.
You will own/guide:
- The configuration and maintenance of Salesforce settings, objects, fields, workflows, and processes.
- Collaboration with various teams to gather organisational needs and translate them into Salesforce solutions.
- Oversight of all aspects of user and licence management, including new user setup/deactivation, roles, profiles, permissions and public groups.
- Creation and management of new profiles and security settings within the Salesforce software.
- Monitoring of data quality, identification of areas for enhancement, and implementation of strategies for data cleansing and enrichment.
- Monitoring of access levels for all profiles in the software.
- Design and development of reports, dashboards, and custom reports to provide stakeholders with valuable insights.
- Performance assessment and reporting.
- Development of a new prospecting timeline for donor outreach.
…. Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Weekly check-ins with team lead or representative.
- Mapping the status quo of organisation’s needs and demands through meetings with team lead/or representative of Fundraising team.
- Independent work on resolving specific tasks and requests, incorporating feedback meetings.
- Developing solutions to identified issues and feedback sessions with respective members of the team.
…. And grow / learn in:
- Data Analytics and Reporting
- Project Management
- Community Engagement
- Data Management
- Fundraising/Partnerships Team.
- Program Team.
- Community Team.
- Finance Team.
To succeed and grow in this position, you will likely be:
- Passionate about our mission to democratise access to education for refugees and disadvantaged communities worldwide.
- An excellent problem-solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- A proactive individual capable of working independently with instruction.
- A strong and flexible organiser, capable of coordinating and implementing work from multiple projects and adapting to shifting priorities.
- A meticulous, detail-oriented and accurate team player with a friendly demeanor and open to feedback.
- Process and result-oriented, with a discerning eye and focus on continuous optimisation.
- An excellent communicator and committed to creating and delivering an exceptional experience to all stakeholders with whom you interact.
- Able to work under pressureand towards tight deadlines maintaining effective performance.
- Fluent in English , both in writing and speaking.
- Proven work experience as a Salesforce Administrator or similar role.
- Extensive experience in the administration and maintenance of Salesforce systems.
- Experience with setting up systems for fundraising and the NPSP (Nonprofit Success Pack)is an advantage.
- Experience in performing Salesforce upgrades and ensuring successful integration.
- Proficiency in creating Salesforce profiles, allocating roles, and managing access.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and capabilities.
- Proficiency tin creating custom objects, workflows, validation rules, and process builder flows.
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce products and their functionalities.
- Knowledge of importing sales data and generating Salesforce reports.
- Experience in generating Salesforce reports.
- Salesforce technical skills.
- Ability to provide Salesforce training and end-user support.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience with data management and data quality best practices.
- Knowledge of Salesforce Lightning and Nonprofit Success Pack (NSPS).
- Experience working with fundraising teams.
- Experience working with NGOs and setting up Salesforce for various partnership management cases.
- Salesforce certified administrator or Salesforce advanced administrator certification.
This profile draws on our experience of people who have been successful in this role in the past. We warmly encourage you to apply if you feel your experience and skills equip you for this job but are not listed here!
What you can expect at Kiron …
- After your first month, you will complete your onboarding process, learn about current work flows and use of Salesforce (SF) within the fundraising team.
- After three months, you will set up a user ticket system (e.g. Jira) and based on the fundraising team, you would set up a list of priorities and start implementing changes to the Salesforce set-up and workflows. You will also identify and recommend Salesforce applications to the team for better performance/use of SF.
- After six months, you will respond to the most pressing set-up needs and establish a good balance between set-up tasks and responding to user support tickets. You will introduce automations (reminders, email templates etc.) and teach user how to use this.
Your compensation …
- A transparent wage model provides the framework for salary decisions at Kiron. Ranges are based on the job category (e.g. software engineers, fundraisers), and the level of experience and responsibility expected of the role (junior / entry-level, professional / experienced, senior / expert, team / content lead). The final salary offer is made considering the candidate’s experience and expected contribution.
- The salary for this role is 1500 Euros / monthly. .
- You can also expect: 30 days of vacation, flexible working hours, remote working arrangementsteam-building activities and opportunities for professional development.
- We are a mission-driven organisation committed to making a difference for underserved communities and passionate about the potential of education to change the world.
- We offer a flexible, agile and entrepreneurial work environment, where purpose, enthusiasm, and your ideas are valued.
- We are a vibrant, diverse and international team based in Germany and Jordan.
Are you ready to join our mission? Then please submit your application via this link
You can expect at least two rounds of interviews and, in some cases, to complete a task. We will inform you about the process in our first interview. We will inform all applicants of the outcome of their application.
If you have questions about the position or would like to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself, please contact [email protected].
Kiron Open Higher Education is committed to empowerment and inclusion and continuously works to create a diverse, safe and inclusive work environment. Therefore, we welcome applications from all people - regardless of cultural and social background, gender, age, religion, world-view or sexual orientation. In line with our values, we especially encourage people with refugee- or migration background, as well as people with disabilities, to apply. If you have any questions, including on the topic of inclusion, we are happy to answer them, and also welcome constructive feedback.
If you have questions about the position or want to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the role’s demands, don’t hesitate to contact [email protected].