Project Manager Intern
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out-of-the-box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, coffee-drinkers, innovators and dreamers, who work together on this mission every day.
Kiron has been a great opportunity for me. I learned a lot about social organizations and their challenges.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- You are a vital part of the Operations team of Kiron in which we coordinate our bookkeeping, financial controlling, project management and more general operational tasks
- You assist the drafting of narrative project and financial reports for donors
- You support the coordination and sorting of invoices, as well as the verification of their accuracy
- You take full responsibility in financial data management and record-keeping
- You are in contact with other teams in order to ensure a smooth project reporting
- You support the Head of Project Management in knowledge transfer and information sharing
What you need to make an impact:
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to higher education for refugees and disadvantaged communities worldwide
- You are officially enrolled at a university and are fluent in English and you have a basic proficiency of German (B1)
- You are an organised person with a keen eye for detail
- You are a team player, able to work independently and have a hands-on mentality
- You are highly proactive and have the ability to manage your own time and responsibilities
- You can easily switch between routine business as usual and ad hoc challenging tasks
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- Flexible working hours, 30 vacation days & a generous remote working policy
- The chance to work independently in a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team of an innovative and fast-paced social startup
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “PM + your name” until the 11th of March 2021 to: [email protected].
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can do our best to facilitate any financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.