Operations and Finance Officer
Kiron Open Higher Education is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions. Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out-of-the-box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, innovators and dreamers, who work together on this mission every day.
Kiron is a place for innovation, creativity and co-creation. I am so happy to be part of this digital educational organization and to be collaborating with our partners with the aim to serve our students in the Middle East.
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- Support the day-to-day operations of our Lebanon Office and act as our operations person, ensuring compliance with local regulations for non-profit organizations.
- Be responsible for accounts payable and banking: Administer payments and bank transactions, oversee reimbursement processes and update the ongoing general ledger.
- Prepare monthly payroll in Lebanon in collaboration when necessary with our headquarters in Germany: Plan for taxes and social security according to Lebanese laws.
- Lead in project controlling and budget monitoring through close monitoring and reporting of Lebanon-related project spending, and plan ahead budgets and the office needs.
- Be responsible for documentation and filing: Maintain accounting and personnel-related documentation in an orderly and systematic fashion (both digitally and physically).
- Support the recruitment of new employees and interns, prepare their contracts and lead their onboarding.
- Support the logistics of the office.
- Support the fundraising efforts with the revision of the budgets and the HR planning.
Your set of skills:
- You have between 2-5 years’ experience in the field of finance and have finalized a professional diploma or master’s degree.
- You are familiar with standard processes in financial and HR management in Lebanon.
- You are an organized and detail-oriented self-starter and able to work independently.
- You are fluent in Arabic and business English and are proficient with the G -suite and Microsoft Office Package, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- You share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees and underserved communities.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! We are looking forward to your application via e-mail to [email protected] with the subject “OFO + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file, until the 4th of November 2021.
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from BIPOC and other minority groups.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can provide financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.
Kiron is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our community of students, staff members and partners, ensuring that our projects and activities are delivered in a way which keeps everyone safe. Background and reference checks might be required.