Operations and Finance Officer
Kiron Open Higher Education is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions. Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out-of-the-box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, innovators and dreamers, who work together on this mission every day.
- Support the day-to-day operations of our Lebanon Office and act as our operations person, ensure compliance with local regulations that govern accounting for non-profits.
- Be responsible for accounts payable and banking: Administer payments and bank transactions, oversee reimbursement processes and update the ongoing general ledger.
- Prepare monthly payroll in Lebanon in collaboration when necessary with our headquarters in Germany: Plan for taxes and social security according to Lebanese laws.
- Assist in project controlling and budget monitoring through close monitoring and reporting of Lebanon-related project spending, and plan ahead the budgets and needs for the office
- Be responsible for documentation and filing: Maintain accounting and personnel-related documentation in an orderly and systematic fashion (both digitally and physically)
- Lead the recruitment of new employees and interns, prepare their contracts and lead their onboarding
- Support the logistics of the office
What you bring:
- You have at least 2 years’ experience in the field of accounting or finance and have finalized a professional diploma or master degree.
- You are familiar with standard processes in financial and HR management in Lebanon
- You are an organized and detail-oriented self-starter and able to work independently.
- You are fluent in Arabic and business English and are proficient with the Microsoft Office Package, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- You share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees and underserved communities.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! We are looking forward to your application via e-mail to [email protected] with the subject “OFO + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file, until the 16th of December 2020.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.