Lebanon Country Manager
Kiron Open Higher Education is a non-profit organisation founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions. Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out-of-the-box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, coffee-drinkers, innovators and dreamers, who work together on this mission every day.
Kiron as an employer offers such great flexibility, support and trust in its employees. I'm truly happy to have joined this family.
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- Represent Kiron externally, build partnerships & projects, scale current partnerships and relations and expand the network.
- Fundraise for Kiron Lebanon: develop warm leads with donors, scope proposals and write grants.
- Ensure Kiron Lebanon is well represented before the authorities and complies with the rules and regulations, legal and fiscal deadlines set, along with the Operations & Finance Officer.
- Liaise & report to the Kiron Lebanon Board for all governance, financial and strategic matters, along with the Operations & Finance Officer.
- Liaise & communicate with the General Office in Berlin, as well as with the Jordan office for common projects and partnerships.
- Manage the team: ensure good communication management, teamwork, and that the team is delivering according to the project and organisation goals. Support & coach the team as needed.
- Liaise with DAFI project partner & funder (SDA and UNHCR) regularly, and ensure alignment between DAFI’s implementation and overall Kiron’s strategy.
Your set of skills:
- You have a minimum of 6-8 years of professional experience with at least 3-4 years in a management position, preferably in an NGO in the Education sector or relevant fields
- You are a leader, have a strategic mind and entrepreneurial skills
- You have demonstrated experience in fundraising and building projects & strategic partnerships
- You have experience in team management and have ideally managed UN funding programs
- You have strong communication skills and are fluent in both Arabic and English, written and spoken
- You are tech-savvy and can easily navigate and work with digital tools.
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education and their professional life.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application online. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English until July 12th, 11:59pm, 2022