Internship Human Resources
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out-of-the-box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, coffee-drinkers, innovators and dreamers, who work together on this mission every day.
Kiron has been a great opportunity for me. I learned a lot about social organizations and their challenges.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Supporting our Human Resources team in several upcoming recruiting and hiring activities
- Posting our job openings in the relevant channels
- Operating our HR management and recruiting software tool in order to process incoming applications and manage employee data
- Working closely with our Hiring Manager during the recruiting process, including CV-screening, coordinating interviews and handling the communication with candidates
- Assisting in managing our employees’ entire life cycle – from onboarding to offboarding
- Contributing to ongoing HR activities such as volunteer and internship management
Your set of skills
- You share the vision of free worldwide education for refugees
- You are enrolled as a student, ideally pursuing a degree with a focus in HR
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, proactive and have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- You are proficient with the MS Office Package and interested in working with online apps and tools
- You are highly pro-active and with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- High interest in interacting with people and getting to know organizational processes
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A comprehensive insight into the Human Resources of a social enterprise
- Flexible working hours at our dog-friendly and spacious office in Lichtenberg with beautiful sunset views
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “Intern_HR”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file to: Camila Sarmanho.
Please note that due to our limited budget as a nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or voluntary internships (“studienbegleitendes Praktikum”) to enrolled students.