Internship Financial Controlling (f/m/d)
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out-of-the-box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, coffee-drinkers, innovators and dreamers, who work together on this mission every day.
Kiron has been a great opportunity for me. I learned a lot about social organizations and their challenges.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- You collaborate and actively support in financial controlling
- You assist the drafting of project Financial Reports for donors
- You support the coordination and sorting of invoices, as well as the verification of their accuracy
- You take full responsibility in financial data management and record-keeping
- You are in contact with other teams in order to ensure a smooth project reporting
Your set of skills
- You share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees
- You are officially enrolled at a university and are fluent in English (German is a plus)
- You are an organized person with a keen eye for detail and are meticulous in your work
- You are proficient in MS Office programs, Excel in particular and adaptable to new software and applications
- You are a team player, able to work independently and have a hands-on mentality
- You are highly proactive and have the ability to manage your own time and responsibilities
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- First insights into financial controlling at a unique project-funded NGO
- Flexible working hours at our dog-friendly and spacious office in Lichtenberg with beautiful sunset views
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “Internship FC”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file to: Rohit Kakar
Please note that due to our limited budget as a nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or voluntary internships (“studienbegleitendes Praktikum”) to enrolled students.
Find out more in our Recruitment Policy.