Internship External Communications
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out-of-the-box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, coffee-drinkers, innovators and dreamers, who work together on this mission every day.
Kiron has been a great opportunity for me. I learned a lot about social organizations and their challenges.
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- Assisting in managing our social media platforms
- Research new stories (events, articles, interviews) and co-create digital content for our blog
- Working closely with other departments to align Kiron’s external communication strategy
- Managing and planning internal, student and corporate events, both logistically and content-wise
- Designing and presenting event and advertising material
- Contributing ideas for our marketing activities, including designing social media strategies, online and offline campaigns, and fundraising
Your set of skills:
- You share the vision of free worldwide education for refugees
- You are creative and have a hands-on mentality
- You have experience managing social media and content writing
- You are enrolled as a student, ideally pursuing a degree with a focus in marketing, communications or journalism
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, proactive and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You have excellent English writing and oral skills, German is a plus
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A comprehensive insight into social media, community management and digital marketing
- Flexible working hours at our dog-friendly and spacious office in Lichtenberg with beautiful sunset views
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “Internship Comms”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file to: [email protected].
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can do our best to facilitate any financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.
Please note that due to our limited budget as a nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or voluntary internships (“studienbegleitendes Praktikum”) to enrolled students.