Internship External Communications
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out-of-the-box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, coffee-drinkers, innovators and dreamers, who work together on this mission every day.
Kiron has been a great opportunity for me. I learned a lot about social organizations and their challenges.
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- Assisting in managing our social media platforms
- Research new stories (events, articles, interviews) and co-create digital content for our blog
- Working closely with other departments to align Kiron’s external communication strategy
- Managing and planning internal, student and corporate events, both logistically and content-wise
- Designing and presenting event and advertising material
- Contributing ideas for our marketing activities, including designing social media strategies, online and offline campaigns, and fundraising
Your set of skills:
- You share the vision of free worldwide education for refugees
- You are creative and have a hands-on mentality
- You have experience managing social media and content writing
- You are enrolled as a student, ideally pursuing a degree with a focus in marketing, communications or journalism
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, proactive and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You have excellent English writing and oral skills, German is a plus
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A comprehensive insight into social media, community management and digital marketing
- Flexible working hours at our dog-friendly and spacious office in Lichtenberg with beautiful sunset views
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “Internship Comms”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file to: Camila Sarmanho
Please note that due to our limited budget as a nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or voluntary internships (“studienbegleitendes Praktikum”) to enrolled students.