Inclusion Course Teachers - Freelance
We are looking for motivated teachers for Kiron‘s online inclusion classes within the Lingoda Nursing program, a collaboration between Kiron and Lingoda. This is a flexible freelance working opportunity for people who are looking for a rewarding, fun & hands-on job that creates true impact in the form of language, inclusion and participation skills for newcomers in Germany. The course is made up of 75% live classes and 25% self-paced exercises that are connected to the live classes. A little preparation to make the live classes connect to the previous learning experience of the students, and some time to prepare for the class at hand will be needed, but classes are designed in a “ready-to-be-picked-up” format, so that not much preparation will be needed. The classes take place according to a flexible schedule but always on Tuesdays for 4 to 8 hours via Zoom.
Kiron has been a great opportunity for me. I learned a lot about social organizations and their challenges.
As an inclusion course teacher, you will….
- Be responsible for student success by hosting engaging inclusion classes on Lingoda’s LMS (and later Kiron‘s LMS) via Zoom with ready-to-be-picked-up exercises, materials and instructions
- Facilitate student discussions and peer-learning activities
- Collect and channel questions from students to the Kiron student success coordinator
- Help our refugee and migrant students feel welcome and start a new life in Germany
- You have prior (online) teaching experience
- You are looking for a flexible, fun & hands-on job that creates true impact for newcomers in Germany
- You are culturally aware, sensible & sensitive
- You have an engaging, fun & professional attitude
- You’re a German speaker (ideally mother tongue or at least C1 level)
You ideally also have….
- Experience in teaching integration courses or giving intercultural trainings
- Experience in teaching language classes
- A degree in the fields of social or cultural sciences, anthropology, sociology, psychology, German studies, international studies, history or languages
- English or other language skills
- A stable internet connection, a wide-screen or double screen set-up
- Flexible availability
- A registration as freelancer
Are you ready to join our mission? Then please submit your application via this link.
Kiron Open Higher Education is an inclusive organization that welcomes applications from all backgrounds and underrepresented communities and groups. If you are interested in learning more about Kiron or have questions about the position or your application, please contact [email protected]