Our team of Kironistas is international, digitally savvy, agile, collaborative and fun. With offices across Germany, Jordan, and Lebanon, we are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, innovators and dedicated to our mission of making high-quality education accessible to underserved communities.
Kiron has been a great opportunity for me. I learned a lot about social organizations and their challenges.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- Supporting our Human Resources team in several upcoming recruiting and hiring activities
- Posting our job openings in the relevant channels
- Operating our HR management and recruiting software tool in order to process incoming applications and manage employee data
- Working closely with our Hiring Manager during the recruiting process, including CV-screening, coordinating interviews and handling the communication with candidates
- Assisting in managing our employees’ entire life cycle – from onboarding to offboarding
- Contribute to ongoing HR activities and work on various projects with the HR team
What you need to make an impact:
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to higher education for refugees and disadvantaged communities worldwide
- You are enrolled as a student, ideally pursuing a degree with a focus in HR
- You have excellent English written and oral skills (German is a plus)
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, proactive and have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- You are proficient with the MS Office Package and interested in working with online apps and tools
- You are highly proactive with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- High interest in interacting with people and getting to know organizational processes
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
- A comprehensive insight into the Human Resources of a social startup
- Flexible working hours and a generous remote working policy
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “HR + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file by June 12th to [email protected].
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract applicants who have been personally affected by structural discrimination.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can do our best to facilitate any financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.
Please note that due to our limited budget as a nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or voluntary internships (“studienbegleitendes Praktikum”) to enrolled students.