Graphic Design Internship
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out-of-the-box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, coffee-drinkers, innovators and dreamers, who work together on this mission every day.
Kiron has been a great opportunity for me. I learned a lot about social organizations and their challenges.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- Creation and maintenance of digital design assets for the website and social media
- Collaborate with the Comms team to brainstorm content ideas, activations, and other storytelling engagements
- Ensure the implementation of our brand guidelines across multiple platforms
What you need to make an impact:
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to education for refugees and underserved communities worldwide
- You are enrolled at a University and studying Graphic Design, Communication Design or something in a related field
- You have good communication skills in English
- You have good knowledge of design software, especially Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Possess an openness to collaborate with all team members and a can-do attitude
- You have an innovative and creative mindset.
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- The atmosphere of an innovative and agile social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
- You will learn to work independently and will be encouraged to be proactive and bring in your own ideas
- Flexible working hours and a generous remote working policy
- A one time voluntary allowance of 840 EUR
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “GD + your name” by 15.10. 2021. Include your cover letter, CV with a short portfolio or link to website (including 2-3 work samples) to: [email protected].
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can do our best to facilitate any financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.
Please note that due to our limited budget as a nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or voluntary internships (“studienbegleitendes Praktikum”) to enrolled students.