Grant Writer (f/m/d)
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out-of-the-box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, coffee-drinkers, innovators and dreamers, who work together on this mission every day.
I always get inspired by our students’ determination, perseverance and love to learn. That’s why we are more than ever keen on giving them the best of our work.
Your opportunities and responsibilities at Kiron:
- Act as primary Proposal Writer for Kiron and being able to carry out – together with the partnerships team – all duties related to the grant writing life cycle (from scoping to submission)
- Develop and write grant proposals, narratives and budgets for foundations, corporations and government funding agencies, persuasively communicating Kiron’s mission and product in order to secure funding
- Coordination with regional offices and working cross-functionally to ensure the development of high quality texts and budgets in compliance with donor requirements
- Manage stakeholders and build relationships with current and prospective funders, working together with our Management team to determine which ones would best suit our product needs
Your set of skills:
- You completed a master’s degree and have at least 3 years experience with international organizations or public institutions (experience in or knowledge of Middle East will be considered an asset)
- You have excellent writing skills in both German and English (min. C2, according to the Common European Framework of of Reference for Languages – CEFR)
- Ideally you have deep knowledge in the fields of (digital) education and/or alternative education pathways and/or migration
- You have demonstrated experience in proposal writing, preferably with Gov donors, EU, UN agencies and other major donors within the development sector
- You are highly motivated, adaptable, and stress resistant, and able to liaise with different teams and stakeholders and translate this information into compelling proposals
- You have the ability to work in a highly autonomous environment by managing your own workflow and working towards tight deadlines
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to higher education for refugees and underserved communities worldwide
- The atmosphere of a digitally savvy, innovative and fast-paced social startup and the chance to be in contact with major stakeholders in the social sector
- Flexible working hours, 30 days vacation & a generous home office policy
- Your choice of hardware (HP or Apple) and a dog-friendly and spacious office in Lichtenberg with beautiful sunset views
Send your application via email with the subject “GR + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV, location and possible starting date in English or German in a single PDF file until the 07.06.2020.