We are looking for passionate and talented people to join us! Our team of Kironistas is international, digitally savvy, agile, collaborative and fun. With offices across Germany, Jordan, and Lebanon, we are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, innovators and dedicated to our mission of making high-quality education accessible to underserved communities.
Kiron has been a great opportunity for me. I learned a lot about social organizations and their challenges.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- Assisting in different stages of the fundraising process including the scoping of fundraising opportunities, writing components of proposals, applications, and reports
- Supporting the creation of pitch decks, one-pagers, and other promotional material
- Managing administrative tasks related to fundraising including setting up meetings, updating databases, and CRM tools
- Providing assistance with day-to-day activities of the fundraising team, including researching potential donors and gauging potential alignment
- Being a part of Kiron’s fundraising team and having the opportunity to liaise with other teams within Kiron
What you need to make an impact:
- You are a self-starter and team player who is used to working independently and in small teams, you share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees
- You are confident in using PowerPoint, Word, and Excel and have strong organizational skills
- You have excellent communication and writing skills in English (C1 or C2 CEFR), German language is a plus
- You are officially enrolled at a university and have an educational background in social or political sciences, marketing, international relations or development.
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- The chance to work independently in a friendly, dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team of an innovative social startup
- The opportunity to get first-hand insight into the fundraising management of a social startup
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- A one time voluntary allowance of 840 EUR
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “FR + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file to [email protected].
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract applicants who have been personally affected by structural discrimination.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can do our best to facilitate any financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.
Please note that due to our limited budget as a nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or voluntary internships (“studienbegleitendes Praktikum”) to enrolled students.