Fundraiser / Partnerships Manager / Business Developer
As Kiron is growing and exploring different funding streams, we have built a new team that engages our different audiences (current and potential partners and donors, as well as our students) to ensure Kiron’s financial sustainability, branding and reach. The Network Engagement Team already includes a team lead, a fundraiser, an online marketing manager and a graphic designer and we are currently looking for three new team members to support us in this exciting new phase of Kiron’s journey!
Kiron as an employer offers such great flexibility, support and trust in its employees. I'm truly happy to have joined this family.
Our new Network Engagement Team…
… is responsible for activating the Kiron network, including donors, partners and students, and getting them excited about our strategy and programs. As Kiron is exploring new funding models, including a hybrid / social business model, we are looking for passionate, innovative and results-oriented team members to join us in defining this new phase of organizational development. Our goal is to build an eclectic, multi-disciplinary Network Engagement Team with complementary skills that can work together to shape Kiron’s future.
The Network Engagement Team will cover the following areas:
- Fundraising, including developing grant proposals, researching opportunities, leading / assisting with project design and contract negotiations
- Partnership building and management, including stakeholder management, communications, follow-up and project development
- Outreach, including campaign development, phone and email acquisition, networking & public speaking
- Internal liaison with our MENA, product and program teams to ensure alignment on funding priorities
- Business development and conceptualisation of new funding approaches based on our product
This is an extensive list of the areas of responsibility we envisage within the Network Engagement team. We do not expect you to be able to cover all of them – instead, we want to discuss with you how you think that your skills and talent can contribute to our team’s needs. Please apply if you can contribute to at least one or two of the above.
- Product teams
- Education teams
- Student community
To succeed in the Network Engagement Team, you will likely be:
- Entrepreneurial and creative, with a can-do mentality and an eye for what’s next, whether that’s seeking new funding opportunities or optimising internal processes
- Energetic, with a positive attitude and the ability to work well under pressure and balance competing priorities
- A good communicator, whether that’s writing competitive project proposals, engaging audiences in conferences or establishing trust-based relationships with potential partners
- Flexible in your thinking, whether that’s the ability to go from bird’s eye view to details, to consider options that no one has done before, or to navigate complexity and ambiguity
… and will likely be experienced in one of the following:
- Customer relationship / partnership management
- Grant writing & fundraising
- Business development & product sales
- Outreach and network engagement
Ideally, you might also have:
- Worked in an NGO, educational or tech / product setting
- Fluency in German and / or Arabic
Remember: we are looking for a mix of talents and skills, and do not expect you to bring all of the above!
This is what you can expect…
After the first month, the Network Engagement team will have clarified roles, responsibilities and processes to achieve our mission.
After three months, the team will have contributed to the funding pipeline, refreshed funding materials as well as set up processes and tools.
After six months, the team will have major partnerships in the pipeline, running funding campaigns as well as new analytical insights.
After 1 year, the team will have solidified our holistic funding strategy, have built a strong pipeline and defined a vision for our social business model.
What we offer
- We are a mission-driven organization committed to making a difference for underserved communities
- We offer a flexible, agile and entrepreneurial work environment, where purpose, enthusiasm, and your ideas are valued
- We are a vibrant and international team based in Germany, Jordan and Lebanon
- We provide a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as team-building activities, possibilities for professional development, and flexible and remote work arrangement.
Are you ready to join our mission? Then please submit your application via this link.
If you are interested in learning more about Kiron or have questions about the position or your application, please contact [email protected]
Kiron Open Higher Education is an inclusive organization that welcomes applications from all backgrounds and underrepresented communities and groups.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can provide financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.