Full Stack Software Engineer
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
As a designer I talk with our students to understand how to improve Kiron Campus for them. I can see how we directly impact their lives.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- Join one of our product development teams and the Kiron Engineering Community and commit to working with a strong user-focus so that we can build products that help a wide range of refugee students
- Help us improve Kiron Campus – a web application for online learning built with React + GraphQL
- Work on improving our SaaS product, built out of Kiron Campus, that we’re offering to social businesses that want to provide an online learning experience for their own users, particularly relevant after the events of 2020!
- Join us to implement a 1st-class offline and low-network learning experience through our apps, serving an atypical set of user devices and bandwidth problems – This is not your typical Berlin start-up challenge!
- Collaborate with a wildly cross-functional team from engineering, product and design, instructional and educational design
- Mentor and teach other engineers – while learning from them too
- Take ownership and help set direction for the features and services you are building for the Kiron students.
What you need to make an impact:
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to education for refugees and disadvantaged communities worldwide
- You have experience working in an agile delivery team
- You are fluent in English
- You are ready and excited to have a big impact on Kiron and its’ students
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- The chance to be part of a fun, dynamic, international, interdisciplinary, and highly committed team
- The chance to shape a fast-growing social startup with your initiative and creative input
- A (mostly) bleeding edge tech stack. We’re not dogmatic about technologies but here’s some keywords that indicate the type of technologies we’re using right now. Keywords: React, Flow, Typescript, GraphQL, PWA, TWA, Laravel, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes
- Flexible working hours, 30 vacation days, educational Leave, Kiron pension scheme and a remote working from anywhere policy.
- Health promotion: contribution to an Urban Sports Club membership, plus regular focus on mental health and mindfulness
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! Send your application via email with the subject “SE+ Name”. Include your cover letter, CV in English in a single PDF file until the 30th of June, 2021 to Rohit Kakar: [email protected]
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups.
Visit www.kiron.ngo to learn more about our students and our mission.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can provide financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.