Full Stack Software Engineer
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
I always get inspired by our students’ determination, perseverance and love to learn. That’s why we are more than ever keen on giving them the best of our work.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- Join one of our product development teams and the Kiron Engineering Community and commit to working with a strong user-focus so that we can build products that help a wide range of refugee students
- Help us improve Kiron Campus – a web application for online learning built with React + GraphQL
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Work on improving our SaaS product, built out of Kiron Campus, that we’re offering to social businesses that want to provide an online learning experience for their own users, particularly relevant after the events of 2020!
- Collaborate with a wildly cross-functional team from engineering, product and design, instructional and educational design
- Mentor and teach other engineers – while learning from them too
- Take ownership and help set direction for the features and services you are building for the Kiron students.
What you need to make an impact:
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to education for refugees and disadvantaged communities worldwide
- You have an educational background in computer science, information technology, or engineering
- You have experience working in an agile delivery team
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- You are fluent in English
- You are ready and excited to have a big impact on Kiron and its’ students
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- The chance to work independently in a dynamic, international, and entrepreneurial team of an innovative and fast-paced social startup
- The opportunity to learn, and grow with your initiative and creative input
- A (mostly) bleeding edge tech stack. We’re not dogmatic about technologies but here’s some keywords that indicate the type of technologies we’re using right now. Keywords: React, Flow, Typescript, GraphQL, PWA, TWA, Laravel, PostgreSQL, Kubernetes
- Flexible working hours, a generous home office policy
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! Send your application via email with the subject “SE JOR + your name” until the 30th of September 2021 to [email protected]
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from BIPOC and other minority groups.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can provide financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.
Kiron is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our community of students, staff members and partners, ensuring that our projects and activities are delivered in a way which keeps everyone safe. Background and reference checks might be required.