English and Digital Skills Online Facilitator
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
Contract Period: 2 months
We are offering 2 positions as Online Facilitators for our blended programs in English language and Digital Skills.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- You facilitate our students’ online learning experience by guiding them through our online courses (MOOCs)
- You co-prepare study materials for online classes and are responsible for coordinating student attendance and participation
- You tutor Kiron students in English language and Digital Skills courses
- You will invest 4 hours/week into the facilitation of an online course
What you need to make an impact:
- You have experience in online tutoring and/or teaching and are preferably knowledgeable of e-learning didactic principles
- Knowledge of various methods of teaching English to non-native speakers, in particular Arabic-speakers.
- Degree in English Language, ESL or TESOL
- You are fluent in Arabic
- You are experienced in Microsoft Office Package: Word and Excel
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to higher education for refugees and disadvantaged communities worldwide
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- Access to facilitator training to enable your success in your role
- The chance to work independently in a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team of an innovative and fast-paced social startup
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! Send your application via email with the subject “DAFI+ Name + English ”. Include your cover letter, CV in English in a single PDF file until the 14th of March, 2021 to Carine Borkhoche at [email protected].
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can do our best to facilitate any financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.