Digital Education Specialist
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
I always get inspired by our students’ determination, perseverance and love to learn. That’s why we are more than ever keen on giving them the best of our work.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- You continuously innovate Kiron’s online learning environment together with a self-organising agile team of curriculum creators, software engineers and product lovers
- You set instructional end goals for students to succeed in their academic and professional aspirations
- You co-produce digital learning materials and Kiron courses targeted to our learners’ needs
- You create supporting material/media and devise modes of assessment and feedback to measure the effectiveness and lovability of our courses
- You provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process and motivation
- You help build a unique learning community of students and change makers worldwide
- You work effectively with our clients and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- You effectively manage multiple projects, develop and write grant proposals and narratives,
- You consult with course production and work on course creation (end-to-end)
What you need to make an impact:
- You hold a degree in the STEM field (Bachelor of Science) or similar relevant field and ideally have an additional certification in Instructional Design
- You have at least 3-5 years of work experience in a similar role and have an agile mindset to balance your fine sense of digital learning with our short sprint cycles
- You are fluent in English (at least C1)
- You possess profound knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models and have extensive experience teaching offline and online
- You are familiar with ed-tech solutions and have innovative ideas on how to translate pedagogical concepts into digital infrastructure
- You have experience with multimedia content production, creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- You have the ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- You are experienced in building learning communities online
- You are a self-starter, adaptive and resilient and have an entrepreneurial mind-set
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- The chance to work independently in a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team of an innovative and fast-paced social startup
- A competitive salary within the social sector
- Flexible working hours, 30 vacation days, educational Leave, Kiron pension scheme and a remote working from anywhere policy.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! Send your application via email with the subject “DES+ Name”. Include your cover letter, CV in English in a single PDF file until the 6th of June, 2021 to Rohit Kakar: [email protected]
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups.
Visit www.kiron.ngo to learn more about our students and our mission.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can provide financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.