Curriculum & Training Coordinator
Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions.
I always get inspired by our students’ determination, perseverance and love to learn. That’s why we are more than ever keen on giving them the best of our work.
How you can contribute to our mission:
- Coordinate digital and blended delivery of Kiron courses: recruit, train and provide regular support and guidance to the tutors of online courses, support in projects evaluation, reporting and organization of workshops, info sessions and graduation ceremonies.
- Organize trainings and guidance sessions for students who have different objectives: 1) to apply and access universities by Fall 2021, 2) to integrate the job market or just acquire skills.
- Coordinate mentoring opportunities and external partner relations for workshops.
- Provide curriculum development: curate new online courses and support their integration on Kiron Campus, in collaboration with the Education Team.
- Prepare study plans for tutors to follow and students to study.
- Provide and oversee additional blended delivery training to different stakeholders.
- Follow-up on Kiron’s existing relationships with Academic Partners in Lebanon.
What you need to make an impact:
- You share our vision of free and democratic access to higher education for refugees and underserved communities worldwide
- You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in the field of educational sciences or other relevant studies.
- You possess profound knowledge of the higher education sector or are experienced in non-academic, pedagogic fields of action with 2-5 years of work experience.
- You have experience in curriculum design or pedagogy and project coordination.
- You have experience in providing trainings to refugees, underserved communities, and trainers.
- You have strong communication skills and ideally experience in talking to higher education institutions and are fluent in both Arabic and English, written and spoken (C1, CEFRL).
- You are a digital native, self-starter, adaptive and have an entrepreneurial mind-set.
How we will enable you to do your best work:
- The chance to work independently in a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team of an innovative and fast-paced social startup
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! Send your application via email with the subject “CTC+ Name”. Include your cover letter, CV in English in a single PDF file until the 4th of May, 2021 to Lea Batal: [email protected]
We welcome applications from all under-represented communities and groups. As part of our commitment to diversity within our workforce, we are particularly keen to attract candidates from black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups.
We welcome applicants from lower-income backgrounds and can do our best to facilitate any financial assistance for interview expenses if required. We are also happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance. Please contact [email protected] if you would like to speak to someone in confidence about your needs.