Start: February 2018 or later
Office: Berlin – 20 to 30 hours
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- You are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of our hardware and software assets (google mail, slack, google suit, wrike, jira etc.), with emphasis on data security best practices
- You answer team members questions efficiently to strive for optimized productivity and use your know-how and experience to aid team members in the use of common workplace devices, tools and applications
- You work closely with our HR team during the onboarding and offboarding processes (from setting up computers for new employees to handling the closing of accounts)
- You liaise with our tech team to introduce new tech-tools and tech-solutions to improve the workflow of the whole team and create internal manuals/webinars for Kiron Team Members to improve their proficiency in using tech tools
- You support the Office Management team in hardware investments projects by tracking equipment inventory and collaborating on potential purchases
Your set of skills
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree or a technical degree in computer sciences or equivalent
- You are fluent in English (C1 according to CEFRL). German is a plus.
- You have at least 1 year experience in a similar position and a solid understanding of IT tools
- You are team-oriented, proactive and a native multitasker
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A competitive salary within the social sector
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “ITSUPP + your name” Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file until 10.02.2019 to Camila Sarmanho.