IT Support Courses Tutor
Start: January 2019
Office: Berlin – part-time (15 to 20 hours)
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Offer biweekly online and offline tutorial sessions to students in an IT Support MOOC
- Support in the organisation of events and activities to contribute to a vivid and supportive student community in Berlin
- Contribute to the development of our instructional design methods to improve student-centeredness and scalability
- Take over administrative tasks related to the IT Support tutorials
Your set of skills
- You have a strong background in computer science (bachelor or master degree and/or professional experience) and experience with IT support
- You have professional experience in teaching, ideally working with refugees or disadvantaged communities. Experience in online learning (including online learning tools) and instruction is a plus
- You have excellent communication skills in English (at least C1 according to CEFR). German is a plus
- You have strong organizational skills and availability to work in the evenings twice a week (tutorials will take place after 6 pm)
- You are a digital native, self-starter, adaptive & resilient and have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input
- The chance to make a real impact in our students learning outcomes
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A competitive salary within the social sector
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “TUTORIT + your name” until December 17. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file to Camila Sarmanho.