Start: April 2018
Office: Munich (full-time) – min. 3 months
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Assist with the management of several projects (ex. Help Desk and Student Newsletter)
- Contributing with ideas for a long-term student communications strategy
- Keep all Kiron’s sources of information aligned (ex. Knowledge Base and WIKI)
- Manage inquiries from students and external contacts through our ticketing system
- Handle the communication with our students, providing information on our services and courses
- Make explanatory videos for students to post on the Forum or the Campus
- Onboard and coordinate the Help Desk team members
- Monitor and produce reports to improve our services
- Communicate with various departments like Student Services, Tech and Academics
Your set of skills
- You already have some work experience and are able to work independently
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and a hands-on mentality
- You are fluent in English (German and/or Arabic are a plus)
- You share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your creative input
- The insight in the “heart” of Kiron by working in Student Services
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- Flexible working hours at our office in Berlin/Munich
- High level of autonomous working
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Internship Student Comms”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships (“Orientierungspraktikum”) to enrolled students.
If you want to support Kiron but none of the above mentioned internship types fit your current status, please get in touch with us and we can tell you more about volunteering options.