Internship Strategic Human Resources Management
Start: October 2018 or later
Office: Berlin – fulltime (min. three months)
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with a mission to remove the barriers refugees face in accessing higher education. Through an innovative model of blended learning, Kiron offers tailor-made curricula of MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) through renowned educational platforms like coursera and edx so that refugees can start studying, regardless of their asylum status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- You use your entrepreneurial spirit to assist various HR projects and support the implementation of new recruiting processes and concepts
- You develop together with the HR Manager a new creative and unique onboarding concept
- You give your input to improve knowledge management from a HR perspective across the whole organisation
- You take ownership for the whole Internship Management (recruiting, administration etc.)
- You contribute ideas to improve our community management efforts and take responsibility for the implementation of our Kiron Mate programme
Your set of skills
- You share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees
- You are officially enrolled at a university
- You have excellent German written and oral skills and your are fluent in English
- You have strong communication skills and a knack for creative content visualization
- An extensive insight into the management of Kirons’ employees’ and interns’’ entire life cycle – from onboarding to offboarding
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team.
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input.
- An attractive office location in the center of Berlin
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Internship Strategic HR”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships between bachelor and master (“Orientierungspraktikum”).
If you want to support Kiron but none of the above mentioned internship types fit your current status, please get in touch with us and we can tell you more about volunteering options.