Internship Financial Controlling
Start: October 2019
Office: Berlin – Fulltime or Part-time (min. 3 months)
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- You collaborate and actively support in financial controlling
- You assist the drafting of project Financial Reports for donors
- You support the coordination and sorting of invoices, as well as the verification of their accuracy
- You take full responsibility in financial data management and record-keeping
- You are in contact with other teams in order to ensure a smooth project reporting
Your set of skills
- You share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees
- You are officially enrolled at a university and are fluent in English (German is a plus)
- You are an organized person with a keen eye for detail and are meticulous in your work
- You are proficient in MS Office programs, Excel in particular and adaptable to new software and applications
- You are a team player, able to work independently and have a hands-on mentality
- You are highly proactive and have the ability to to manage your own time and responsibilities
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- First insights into financial controlling at an unique project-funded NGO
- Flexible working hours and great team spirit at our attractive office located in the center of Berlin
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Internship Public Relations”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships (“Orientierungspraktikum”) to enrolled students.
If you want to support Kiron but none of the above mentioned internship types fit your current status, please get in touch with us and we can tell you more about volunteering options.