Internship in Product Management
Start: August 2017 or later
Office: Berlin – fulltime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Helping shape the future of Kiron’s product and working at the heart of the Scrum team with product managers, designer and developers in an international social startup
- Supporting the product managers in the implementation of new platform features by searching for smart solutions and contributing to specifications and wireframes for our developers
- Leading your own pilot projects that improve the studying experience for our users
- Analysing data from Google Analytics as well as our Research Team to understand our user’s behavior and needs
Your set of skills
- You share the vision of free worldwide education for refugees
- You are a self-starter, proactive and have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- You have a creative approach to tackle challenges and a structured way of working
- You are interested in the latest web technology and are able to quickly grasp new technology concepts; additional skills in Google Analytics are a plus and would amaze us
- You commit to join our team and mission for at least 2-3 months
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary scrum team
- A comprehensive insight into the platform development and product management
- Flexible working hours at our office in the center of Berlin
- Investment in you: Regular team building and representative events, mentoring, trainings and workshops
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Internship Product Management”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships (“Orientierungspraktikum”) for enrolled students.
If you want to support Kiron but none of the above mentioned internship types fit your current status, please get in touch with us and we can tell you more about volunteering options.