Internship in Student Communications & Office Management
Start: September 2018 or later
Office: Munich – fulltime (min. 3 months)
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Implementing our long-term student communication strategy and taking over internal knowledge management to keep all sources of information aligned
- Coordinating student questions through our ticketing system (Help Center) and writing reports to improve the quality and efficiency of our services
- Reaching out to students to inform them about our services, courses, events, etc and conceptualizing informational material such as videos and help articles
- Supporting the management of the Munich Office, including assisting with the preparation of weekly team meetings and organizing and promoting monthly student events
- Being the contact person for students who come to the office or attend events
Your set of skills
- You are officially enrolled at a university and are fluent in English (German is a plus)
- You already have first professional experience, ideally in a NGO or in the social sector
- You are able to work independently and have a hands-on mentality
- You have a proactive attitude and the ability to juggle several tasks at once
- You share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your creative input
- An insight into the “heart” of Kiron by working in Student Support
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- Great team spirit at our office in Munich
- High level of autonomous working
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Internship_StudComm”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships (“Orientierungspraktikum”).