Start: November 2018 or later
Office: Berlin – Duration: min. 3 months (part time)
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Assisting in different stages of the fundraising process including the scoping of fundraising opportunities, writing components of proposals and applications, as well as reports
- Being a part of Kiron’s fundraising team and having the opportunity to liaise with other teams within Kiron
- Supporting the creation of visual pitch decks with powerpoint
- Managing administrative tasks related to fundraising including setting up meetings, updating databases and CRM tools
Your set of skills
- You are officially enrolled at a university and have an educational background in social or political sciences, marketing, international relations or development.
- You have excellent communication and writing skills in German and English (both C1 or C2 CEFR)
- You are confident in using PowerPoint, Word and Excel and and have strong organizational skills
- You are a self-starter and team player who is used to working independently and in small teams
- You share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees
- The opportunity to get first hand insight into the fundraising management of a social startup
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Internship Public Relations”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships between bachelor and master (“Orientierungspraktikum”).
If you want to support Kiron but none of the above mentioned internship types fit your current status, please get in touch with us and we can tell you more about volunteering options.