Start: February 2019 or later
Office: Berlin (Full-time)
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Assisting in managing our social media platforms
- Research new stories (events, articles, interviews) and co-create digital content for our blog
- Working closely with other departments to align Kiron’s external communication strategy
- Managing and planning internal, student and corporate events, both logistically and content-wise
- Designing and presenting event and advertising material
- Contributing ideas for our marketing activities, including designing social media strategies, online and offline campaigns and fundraising
Your set of skills
- You share the vision of free worldwide education for refugees
- You are creative and have a hands-on mentality
- You have experience managing social media and content writing
- You are enrolled as a student, ideally pursuing a degree with a focus in marketing, communications or journalism
- You are a self-starter, hard-working, proactive and have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You have excellent English writing and oral skills, German is a plus
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international and interdisciplinary team
- A comprehensive insight into social media, community management and digital marketing
- Flexible working hours at our attractive office location in the center of Berlin
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject
“Internship Comms”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file.
Please note that due to our limited budget as an nonprofit organization we are unfortunately unable to pay salaries. Therefore we are only offering mandatory internships/ educational program (“Pflichtpraktikum”) or study orientation internships between bachelor and master (“Orientierungspraktikum”).
If you want to support Kiron but none of the above mentioned internship types fit your current status, please get in touch with us and we can tell you more about volunteering options.