International Project Lead (Africa focus)*
* The job offer is part of a project and is subject to approval of the funds
Start: May 2019
Office: Berlin – full-time
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Plan, implement and manage international projects in several African countries, including financial monitoring and the coordination of project-related operations in alignment with HQ.
- Ensure on-time reporting to international funding institutions, administer the project budget and prepare project controlling tasks.
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic outreach plan together with the Chief Partnerships Officer that raises awareness of Kiron’s program and increases the impact across key stakeholder audiences.
- Liaise and communicate with Kiron’s international multi-stakeholder network including corporates, public and governmental institutions as well as NGOs.
- Participate in the development of new projects.
Your set of skills
- You have 5-plus years of professional experience and 2-plus year international project management experience, ideally in a non-profit organization, academic or governmental institution, ideally connected to the African continent.
- You have a strong and active network (governments, corporates, and/ or international foundations) and a proven track record of fundraising.
- You are able to convert our program in partner-specific fundraising opportunities, to leverage partnership potentials and to position our organization in order to achieve tangible outcomes.
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken (C1 according to CEFRL), as well as German language skills (C1 according to CEFRL).
- You have a strong passion for our cause and you are motivated to work hard to reach our goals.
- High level of individual responsibility and entrepreneurial flexibility regarding the development of Kiron´s projects and partnerships in a unique organization.
- A diverse work environment bringing together experts, stakeholders and an international team from the areas of education, NGO and Tech.
- The atmosphere of a young, innovative, social organization and the chance to take up speed to reach impact with a dynamic and intrinsically motivated team.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
Send your application via e-mail with the subject IPL + your name. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until 30.05.2019 to Camila Sarmanho.
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many volunteering / internship opportunities.