Finance Officer (Jordan)
Start: As soon as possible
Office: Amman – part-time (20 hours)
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Support the day-to-day operations of our Jordan Office and act as our operations person in the Kiron branch office in Jordan, ensuring compliance with local regulations that govern accounting for non-profits in general (and specific to grants management)
- Be responsible for accounts payable and banking: Administering payments and bank transactions, overseeing reimbursement processes and updating the ongoing general ledger
- Prepare monthly payroll in Jordan in collaboration with our headquarters in Germany: Inform the HQ about taxes and social security according to Jordanian laws and register new employees with the local authorities
- Assist in project controlling and budget monitoring with our headquarters in Germany through close monitoring and reporting of Jordan-related project spending
- Be responsible for documentation and filing: Maintain accounting and personnel-related documentation in an orderly and systematic fashion (both digitally and physically)
Your set of skills
- You have at least 2 years’ experience in the field of accounting or finance and have finalized a professional diploma or master degree
- You are familiar with standard processes in financial and HR management in Jordan
- You are an organized and detail-oriented self-starter and able to work independently
- You are fluent in Arabic and business English and are proficient with the Microsoft Office Package, in particular Microsoft Excel.
- You share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A competitive salary within the social sector
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “FO + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file. Open until the 13th April 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org