Field Center Facilitator (Jordan)
Start: August 2018 or later (part-time)
Contract duration: until December 2018
Office: Amman, Jordan
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Facilitation and Implementation of different aspects of Kiron’s offline tutoring services (Facilitating Classes, Offline Student Information Sessions, counselling and study groups)
- Increasing student activity and success by scaling up both the online and offline services and by building a trusting relationship with the student body with an emphasis on clear and open lines of communication
- Communicating with third parties, such as international organizations and NGOs in the field for student outreach and recruitment purposes
- Optimisation of Kiron’s student services by monitoring and evaluation of our program as well as developing and testing new features according to student needs, ensuring enhancement of student performance and success
Your set of skills
- You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, English, Business & Economics, or Social Work and have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience ideally in teaching refugees or disadvantaged communities.
- You are fluent in both Arabic and English, written and spoken (C1 according to CEFRL).
- You have strong communication skills and ideally experience in reaching out to our target group.
- You gained work experience in setting up, managing and scaling support programs for underprivileged students and/or you have ideally worked in student counselling.
- You have access to consistent transportation and are willing to work and travel to our partner locations in Irbid, Mafraq, Irbid, and Hashmi on a weekly basis.
- You are a digital native, self-starter, adaptive & resilient and have an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- The opportunity to shape a social enterprise with your initiative and creative input.
- The insight and the atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup.
- The chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
Ready to join our mission? Apply now! We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “FCFJ + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 16th of July 2018 to Allison Church.
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many volunteering / internship opportunities.