English Tutors Jordan (two positions)
Start: June 2018 or later (until March 2019)
Office: Amman, full time
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Language team in Berlin on the offline implementation of language MOOCs by teaching module content and structure as well as providing high quality support services covering the specified Learning Outcomes.
- Enhance our blended learning Certificate Program consisting of online learning, in-person trainings and interactive online learning sessions.
- Improvement of existing and trial of new Kiron course material including study plans and student handbooks.
- Participating and assisting in the design of support videos and communications materials.
- Work closely with our country lead and student support staff to implement the strategy for education program in Jordan.
Your set of skills
- You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in the field of English Language or other relevant studies.
- You possess profound knowledge of the higher education sector or are experienced in non-academic, pedagogic fields of action with 2-5 years of work experience.
- You are familiar with lesson design and working with vulnerable populations with at least one year of work experience.
- You have access to a vehicle and are comfortable driving to a variety of locations in Jordan.
- You have strong communication skills and ideally experience in working with NGO’s and are fluent in both Arabic and English, written and spoken (C1 according to CEFRL).
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education
- You are a digital native, self-starter, adaptive & resilient and have an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- The opportunity to provide language skills with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “English-Jordan + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 14th of June 2018 to Allison Church.