Donor Relations Manager (12 months Maternity leave cover)
Start: May 2019
Office: Berlin – fulltime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 80 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Continuously implement fundraising strategy in close collaboration with Kiron’s Head of Donor Relations by combining diversified fundraising tactics and approaches to meet a fundraising target.
- Build trust, coordinate, and manage relationships with donors, ranging from trusts and
foundations, over individual funders to governmental organizations.
- Guarantee the effective and efficient cooperation of various Kiron teams, generating input and providing feedback
- Identifying grant funding opportunities, writing, submitting and managing grant proposals, and furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
Your set of skills
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a relevant field
- You are business proficient in English and German (at least C1, CEFR level)
- You have at least 1 year of work experience in Fundraising, Partnerships and Key Account Management, Communication
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to persuasively advocate Kiron’s vision and mission
- You have the ability to work independently and conscientiously
- You are detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven.
What we offer
- High level of individual responsibility and entrepreneurial flexibility regarding the development of Kiron´s projects and partnerships in a unique organisation.
- A diverse work environment bringing together experts, stakeholders and an international team from the areas of education, NGO and Tech.
- The atmosphere of a young, innovative, social organization and the chance to take up speed to reach impact with a dynamic and intrinsically motivated team.
- A competitive salary in the social sector.
- Attractive office location in Berlin-Mitte.
- 30 days holidays and a generous Home Office policy.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “DRM + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file, up until 07.04.2019 to Camila Sarmanho, firstname.lastname@example.org