Department Coordinator for Business & Economics*
Start: November 2018
Office: Berlin – Full-time
*The position is equivalent to the german job ad “Studiengangskoordinator/-in Business & Economics”
We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Enhance Kiron’s MOOC-based core curricula and support the development of quality assurance measures for digital curricula
- Develop equivalence/matching tables for our study tracks in close collaboration with faculty members from German and international Kiron partner universities
- Supervise the development of new interdisciplinary study tracks
- Explore scalability through automatization of evaluation and feedback measures for courses and modules, and create subject specific solutions for testing students performance in digital settings
- Work together with our partner universities on the production of new online courses
Your set of skills
- You have at least a master’s degree; ideally you have a PhD
- You are business proficient in German and English (at least C1, CEFR level)
- You have at least 2 years of work experience higher education (university teaching or coordination of course of studies)
- You have proven teaching/pedagogical proficiency skills (e.g., through training)
- Ideally you have experience in working with third party projects and have developed study courses for higher education institutions
- You have an affinity or experience in working with disadvantaged groups and in working with online courses (MOOCs, for example)
- The opportunity to shape a social organisation with your initiative and creative input
- A remuneration following salary group 13 of TVöD, according to your academic qualification and work experience
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup, and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- An attractive office in the heart of Berlin
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “CBE + your name” until October 22. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English or German in a single PDF file to Rohit Kakar.