Curriculum and Transfer Coordinator
Start: October 2018
Office: Amman, Jordan – fulltime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Managing of different aspects of Kiron’s online curriculum and certificate program including student support for transcript of records and transfer support for admissions to university
- Increasing student activity and success by defining transfer process and working alongside with the tech team in Germany to create a checklist for student success with an emphasis on clear and open lines of communication
- Communicating with third parties, such as University partners in Jordan in the field for admissions curriculum matching and learning agreements
- Enhancing Kiron’s student services by monitoring and evaluation of our program as well as developing and testing new features according to student needs, ensuring enhancement of student performance and success
Your set of skills
- You hold at least a Bachelor’s degree and have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience ideally in working with refugees or disadvantaged communities and in the field of University relations and/or online course accreditation
- You gained work experience in setting up, managing and scaling support programs for underprivileged students and/or you have ideally worked in student counselling
- You have strong communication skills and ideally experience in reaching out to our target group and are fluent in both Arabic and English, written and spoken (C1 according to CEFRL)
- You have access to consistent transportation and are willing to work and travel to our partner locations in Mafraq, Irbid, and Hashmi on a weekly basis
- You are a digital native, self-starter, adaptive & resilient and have an entrepreneurial mind-set
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focusing on the student’s needs
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A competitive salary within the social sector
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “CTC-Jordan + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF until the 24th of Sept 2018 to: