Curriculum & Academic Coordinator Jordan
Start: 1st of February 2018
Office: Amman, Jordan – Fulltime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Curriculum & Education teams based in Germany on the development of Kiron’s core curriculum by refining module content and structure as well as finding and matching high quality MOOCs (Massive Open Online Course) covering the specified Learning Outcomes.
- Enhance our blended learning Certificate Program consisting of online learning, in-person trainings and interactive online learning sessions.
- Improvement of existing and trial of new Kiron course material including study plans and student handbooks.
- Meeting potential partner universities, signing agreements and technical coordination of content production and provision by partners.
- Work closely with our country lead to define the strategy for education program in Jordan.
Your set of skills
- You hold at least a Master’s degree in the field of educational sciences or other relevant studies.
- You possess profound knowledge of the higher education sector or are experienced in non-academic, pedagogic fields of action with 2-5 years of work experience.
- You are familiar with curriculum design and equivalence procedures in Higher Education with at least one year of work experience.
- You have strong communication skills and ideally experience in talking to higher education institutions and are fluent in both Arabic and English, written and spoken (C1 according to CEFRL).
- You share our vision of a world in which everyone has equal chances to access and be successful in higher education
- You are a digital native, self-starter, adaptive & resilient and have an entrepreneurial mind-set.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “CAC-pad-Jordan + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until the 20th of January 2018.
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many volunteering / internship opportunities.