Start: February 2019 or later
Office: Berlin – fulltime
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from about 400 volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Work with our Product & Tech team to introduce technical innovations and lightweight solutions that provide a stable and secure infrastructure for the entire organisation.
- Contribute to our mobile-first single page web application that gives access to higher education for refugees.
- Be part of a culture of learning and optimization by analyzing workflows, establishing priorities, developing standards and leading sprints.
- Take responsibility for the features and services you are building.
Your set of skills
- You have experience working with 3rd party open source tools which integrate into a custom stack.
- You are experienced with continuous integration and deployment and cloud architecture.
- You are familiar with the services and structures of the public cloud and container management (AWS is a plus).
- You are fluent in English (C1, according to the The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), German is a plus.
- The opportunity to work in a fun, dynamic, international, interdisciplinary, and highly committed team.
- The chance to shape a fast-growing social startup with your initiative and creative input.
- A (mostly) bleeding edge tech stack, using React, GraphQL, Laravel, and PostgreSQL, containerized, orchestrated by Kubernetes.
- 30 days vacation policy.
- Flexible working hours and a generous home office policy.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “BE + your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and availability in English in a single PDF file until 31.01.2019 to Camila Sarmanho.