Administrative Accountant (Local Jordanian position)
Start: April or May 2018
Office: Amman, Jordan – part-time (option for fulltime after 6 months)
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. Today, a team of 70 employees receives further support from volunteers worldwide and a competence pool consisting of experts from relevant fields, such as professors, psychologists and business specialists.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the administration of our MENA office in Jordan and operations in Lebanon and develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local regulations that govern accounting for nonprofits in general and specific to grants management.
- Perform our monthly MENA payroll processes in close collaboration with our headquarters in Germany and be our expert for taxes and social security.
- Monitor our funds: Management of cash flow, accounts payable, accounts receivables, invoicing, expense reports and reimbursement processes.
- Prepare project budgets together with our fundraising team at headquarters in Germany and serve as comptroller for financial controlling of current projects.
- Support in financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation as well as controls and processes to enhance efficiency and sound fiscal operations.
- Perform Human Resources activities: maintain personnel related documentation, communicate with candidates and schedule interviews, post job ads and be responsible for Onboarding- and Offboarding processes for all Kironistas in the MENA region.
Your set of skills
- You have at least 2 years’ experience as highly skilled administrative accountant and have finalized a professional diploma or master degree.
- You are an expert in project-based accounting, ideally in the international nonprofit sector and/or with teams cross-country in the MENA region.
- You are familiar with standard processes in HR management and have profound knowledge about payroll accounting in the MENA region.
- You have already introduced new systems in organisations, have excellent analytical skills and are detail-oriented.
- You are fluent in Arabic and business English and are proficient with the Microsoft Office Package and Google Apps.
- You share the vision of free education worldwide for refugees.
- The opportunity to shape an innovative educational provider with your initiative and creative input focussing on the student’s needs.
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team.
- A competitive salary within the social sector.
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
We are looking forward to your application via e-mail with the subject “AA+ your name”. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file. Open until the 22nd of March.
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many volunteering / internship opportunities.