Project coordinator Language School (f/m/d)*
*Parental leave cover: 3 to 4 months
Start: May 2019 – Office: Berlin (full-time)
Kiron Open Higher Education (gGmbH) is a non-profit organization founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to higher education and successful learning for refugees through digital solutions. As part of an innovative educational model Kiron offers coherent curricula using MOOCs (Massive Open OnlineCourses) from partner platforms like Coursera and edX so that refugees can start studying regardless of their status. Courses are mostly provided in English, completely free of charge for the students and all accessible via our learning platform Kiron Campus.
Through strong partnerships with accredited universities worldwide, students have the opportunity to finish their program with a regular bachelor’s degree. We are a team of 70 education experts, techies, student supporters, project managers, communicators, grant writers, business people, organizers, analysts, coffee-drinkers, dreamers and doers, who work together on this mission everyday.
Opportunities & Responsibilities
- You support the acquisition, administration and evaluation of external partners and our course offer
- You advise Kiron students digitally during their learning process and coordinate their participation in selected language courses
- You coordinate the collaboration and conduct ongoing analysis of all stakeholders (Kiron students, internal and external partners etc.) needs and requirements
Your set of skills
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree and ideally at least one year of work experience in project coordination, preferably in the field of language acquisition
- You have experience in the communication with disadvantaged communities and/or international students
- You are a natural networker and are interested in gaining experience in partner acquisition and communication
- You have strong communication and writing skills in English (at least C1 according to the The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), German would be an asset
- You share our vision to enable access to higher education for refugees
- The opportunity to shape our language school offer with your initiative and creative input, and focus on the student’s needs
- An international working environment, which brings together experts, stakeholder and an international team from the fields of education, NGO and tech
- The atmosphere of an innovative and fast-growing social startup and the chance to be part of a dynamic, international, and interdisciplinary team
As an equal opportunities employer, Kiron strongly encourages people with a refugee background and women to apply. The position is suitable for people living with a disability. In case of two equally qualified candidates, preference will be given to the candidate living with disability.
Ready to join our mission? Apply now!
Send your application via e-mail with the subject LSC + your name. Include your cover letter, CV and possible starting date in English in a single PDF file until 16.04.2019 to Camila Sarmanho.
The job does not fit your profile? Kiron is currently recruiting many different positions, and many internship opportunities.